Monday 22 February 2010

a woollen boot might be quite a nice thing

My problem is this, Ugg addict: wholesale ugg boots are not waterproof. They are cold proof. You see? Different. Look at you, sobbing, trembling, your feet soaking wet, your boots resembling drowned hamsters. Look at what you've become. The only solution is cold turkey and, yes, I know it's hard to accept. Don't be ashamed. ­Honestly, you're not alone and I am pleased to bring this problem to the public's ­attention. That's right, it's an Ask Hadley campaign, and if ­anyone would like to sign my petition for this problem to be more widely recognised, they need to send in a photo of their discarded Uggs to prove their dedication and I'll get the documents to you. Alan Johnson? Please, for the sake of the children and Broken Britain, can we get the discount ugg boots upgraded to class A asap?

Well, not Uggs, that's for gosh-darn sure. People! What is wrong with you? Now, I appreciate that I am coming at this from a somewhat biased position, not being a fan of the Ugh, I mean Ugg. However, I am an amenable sort of person, and even I can accept, grudgingly, that a woollen boot might be quite a nice thing on an icy morning.

Yet, lo! What I feared has come to pass. Women, and the occasional discount ugg classic cardy boots particularly misguided man, appear to have become so ­enamoured of their Uggs that they have confused them with wellingtons and every rainy day this winter (ie, every day) Britain's streets have been suffused with the overpower­ing smell of wet wool and sodden feet.

The problem is that the Ugg is the hard drug of footwear. Some people can handle them and dabble occasionally without becoming full-on addicts, and some can't and insist on abusing it now, now, NOW! Honestly, they don't have a problem – loads of people rely on them, daily. Give me my Uggs! Now! Yes, in the rain, what's your problem?

As for what you can wear, well, the obvious (and therefore wrong) option is Hunter wellies. I'm afraid these are now too associated with Wags who have pretensions of being Kate Moss. Person­ally, I quite like the wellies by Marc by Marc; not only do they not scream "I'M FROM MARC BY MARC" (and are thus unique for designer footwear), but they aren't very ­expensive, especially discount ugg classic tall boots ­compared with Hunter wellingtons.

But I think the best footwear for a rainy day is the slipper, because that means you're staying at home and watching Frasier, which is obviously the only sensible way to spend a rainy wholesale ugg boots day
 
http://www.ecougg.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment